Our History

Organized on November 16, 1884, Providence Baptist Church began with 33 members and held services in a mere frame shelter with a top over it.  This church was one of the few Baptist churches in the area and was filled to capacity for most services. 

On June 2, 1900, Providence hosted the organizational meeting of the Kershaw Baptist Association.  Providence and 7 other churches formed the new association.

Providence Baptist Church exists to:

  • Provide regular opportunities for public worship
  • To sustain the ordinances, doctrines, and ethics set forth in the New Testament for the Church of our Lord, Jesus Christ
  • To nurture its members through a program of Christian fellowship and growth among its members.